- – 3D modeling of the mechanical equipment and duct.
- – Preparation of the engineering drawings from the 3D model.
- – The mechanical equipment provider use metric unit and the shop drawings need to be prepared in imperial unit.
- – Using the combination between AutoCAD 3D solids and Advance Steel elements was easy to do the modeling
- – Using the Advance tools was easy to create shop drawings and engineering drawings.
- The transfer of the 3D model between metric and imperial units is made easy with Advance steel.
“The fact that Advance Steel is based on AutoCAD made easy the 3d modeling of the mechanical equipment and ducting. This is necessary to avoid any interference between the mechanical equipment and the structural (beams, columns, bracings…) and miscellaneous (guardrail, ladder, grating…) elements.”
Marc DESAULNIERS P.Eng.