“Advance Design allowed us to very quickly create and analyse a full structure, using an imported Advance Steel model and automatic environmental loading decreased the time required significantly. Reassessment of the frame and an assessment of the effects of the change were quick and easy, preventing on-site delays and keeping redesign costs to a minimum.”
- – The site is limited with irregular sides, so layout was important
- – An integrated design between the steel frame and
- – Using the site survey and Architect’s drawings in 2D CAD, a general layout of the frame was put together. This was passed to the detailer to create the framework in Advance Steel, allowing for the awkward shape and site limitations.
- – BIM workflow utilised – importing of models from Advance Steel
- – Automatic generation of loads using wind walls
- – Error checking tool