- – Include glass clips to fix the glass panels on the railing posts
- – Some parts had to be designed and fabricated especially for this project.
- – A major modification was made during the design process: the filling plates were changed from perforated plates to glass plates.
- – Special glass clips were downloaded from an online library and could be imported as special parts in the Advance Steel 3D model.
- – Model specific parts in Advance Steel and generate DXF files from the model for CNC machinery.
- – Flexibility of Advance Steel tools to modify, move, and stretch any element, any time.
- – Import external solids as special parts in Advance Steel
- – Integrate imported parts’ reference to lists and BOMs
- – Create DXF files for CNC machines at workshop
“The balustrade required special clips for the glass panels that I had to download from an online library as DWG solids files that I could integrate into the 3D model with the exact quantity and reference number on BOMs.”
Draftsman, ETS J.-C. FASSLER