Home Graitec Forum English Forum Autodesk Advance Steel Modeling/Framing Cross bracing spacer plate

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tommy Moussis 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to add a spacer plate to cross bracing? The binding plate connection only works for double angle bracing, not cross bracing. Currently I have to create my own plate and it is very difficult to make sure they are in the correct position and rotation.

Hello Eva, you can use the “Direct Bolt” connection under the bracing category. There’s an option in the connection to add spacer plates and the plate thickness will adjust automatically to the gap between your angles. Best Regards.

Thanks Tommy. However, you cannot change the shape of the plate. It creates the plate the exact length and width of the crossing members. I have had a few projects where they specify the plate being a certain size. Is there a way to have this?

Eva, features can be added on top of the connection without compromising the intelligence to adjust the plate size. however in some cases, depending on the geometry of the plate specified, you might have to remove the intelligence box in order to add or remove corners with the features from the tool palette. Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.