A new feature in Advance Steel 2015.1 is the ability for AutoCAD to show Advance Steel properties in the rollover tooltips. So when you hover the cursor over an Advance Steel object you can see information like Section Size, Bolt Diameter, Part Number instead of just object type and layer.
Unfortunately this has not been preconfigured for you so you have to set it up yourself as follows:
- Enter the command CUI
- In the top left list select "Rollover Tooltips"
- On the right hand side click the "Edit Object Type List" button
- Select the desired object types to add to the list (all Advance Steel object types start with AST). For example ASTBEAM, ASTPLATE, ASTGRATING, ASTSCREWBOLTPATTERN. Click OK.
- Select the desired object type in the list and on the right-most pane select the properties you want to display. E.g. Section Class, Name, Model Role, Single Part Number
- Repeat for each object type
- Click OK.
Now as you hover your cursor over an object those properties will display.