Radial reinforcements are used to create reinforcements for circular elements.
The command for radial reinforcement is on the Advance Reinforcement Solution -> Radial Reinforcement toolbar.
For this example we use a circular column with a hole in the middle.
- Create a reinforcement drawing for the column.
- Select the "Radial reinforcement" command.
1. The program will ask you to select an axis point from the top view of the element.
2. Next the program gives you two options:
A) The reinforcement bars can be created by defining an arc - to choose this option you have to define the arc.
B) The reinforcement bars can be created by defining a circle - to choose this option you have to press "Enter".
3. Next you have to create the distribution. You have to choose the points of the distribution in an elevation or in a section of the element. After you define the distribution, the program will display the dialog box with the properties of the bars.
- You can change different properties: diameter, concrete cover, distance between bars, type of distribution, length of overlap and the representation of the bars and symbols.
In this example we choose 3 different distributions.
A) Reinforcement bars in arc.
B) Reinforcement bars in circle.
C) Reinforcement bars in truncated cone.
- You can create different examples of distributions depending on your requirements.