Modeling and defining the values of all climatic loads is a time-consuming process and a source of possible errors. The amount of time spent for the calculation of climatic effects can be significantly reduced, while assuring more accurate results. You can obtain in no time the climatic loads intensity and distribution on your structure using a fast and easy-to-use Advance Design function: the 3D Climatic loads generator.
Implemented Eurocode 1 and National specific standards
Advance Design provides several climatic standards such as NV 2009 (France), NP082-04 / CR1-1-3-2005 (Romania), Eurocode 1, Canadian (NBC2010 or 2015) and US (ASCE 7-10) codes, with different national appendixes:
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
The choice is done in the global project's settings.
Automatically generated wind loads and snow loads on a structure
Automatically generated wind loads on a signboard
The structure and roof shape is taken into account, therefore you can create loads on portal frames, parapet walls, lattice structures, scaffolding elements, buildings with dominant face, panels, horizontal roofs, two slopes roofs, isolated roofs, protruding roofs, roofs with awning, etc.
Examples of automatic generation of climatic loads on various structures
Wind loads on multiple roofs
Wind loads on awning
Snow loads on multiple roofs
Snow accumulation on portal frames with a negative slope
Fast and easy generation of accurate snow and wind loads
You can automatically generate all the climatic loads on a structure in an efficient way, which saves a great amount of time:
- Select the appropriate climatic standard.
- Generate windwalls on 3D structures.
- Create load case families for snow or / and wind and configure the advanced properties (if necessary).
The properties window for the snow and wind case families
- Access the snow and wind loads values map to define the structure location.
With a single click, the values of the wind speed, wind pressure, snow load and exceptional snow loads on the structure faces and roof are automatically defined according to the selected region:
Automatically updated values, according to the selected structure location Eurocode 1 with French Appendix: Snow EN 1991-1-3 NF and Wind EN 1991-1-4 NF
Automatically updated values, according to the selected structure location Eurocode 1 with UK Appendix: Snow EN 1991-1-3 BS and Wind EN 1991-1-4 BS
- Launch the climatic generator
- The climatic load cases and loads are automatically displayed in the graphic area and also, in the Pilot, in the corresponding loads family, providing access to an efficient management:
Accurate and prompt update
If the structure or the loads properties are modified after generating the climatic loads, a single click is enough to update the loads, according to the new conditions.
Advance Design Related Technical Articles
Read more about different functionalities of Advance Design in the following articles:
- Verification of stresses and crack openings for reinforcement plates according to Eurocode 2
- Design of Flat Slab structures
- Advance Design Steel Connections
- Bracing members design according to Eurocode 3
- Advanced Stability
- Steel Design
- Timber Design
- Available standards
- Capacity design
- Advance Design Help Online
- Study: Structural design developed in a BIM environment