Advance Steel Pre-Sale FAQ's
We hope the answers to the common questions below will convince you to further consider Advance Steel as a solution to your challenges.
Questions / Answers
1. I never did 3D, I looked at the other packages and they look really complicated. How long would it take me to learn Advance Steel?
The learning and integration curve is by far the shortest of all major 3D modeling packages because you already know the interface...It's AutoCAD! Talk to one of our detailers, see a live demo and try the complete software out FREE for 15 days...There is nothing to be afraid about.
2. Are Advance Steel drawings linked to the model and will they update automatically?
3. Can Advance Steel really model and detail stairs?
Yes, you can do a webdemo with one of our detailers and he'll show you exactly how YOUR stair would be done. (Actually it's one of Advance Steel's strengths).
4. Are cleaned-up up drawings messed up when the model is updated?
NO, anything not touched by the update stays clean.
5. What do the automatic drawings look like?
There is no standard look and feel to Advance Steel drawings, the software is built on top of AutoCAD and output is customized to each users preferences. (Built-in drawing style management tool).
6. What about drawing quality?
Subjective question, but the general consensus among users of Advance Steel that also own(ed) one of the other 2 top 3D packages would be... As good or better!
7. Can Advance Steel do automatic lists and NC-files just like those other more expensive packages?
YES, Advance Steel can create any list any way you want it ON or OFF drawings (ex: in Excel). A fabrication option give you, with a single click, all NC-DXF (real AutoCAD DXF) and NC-DSTV. (The standard: used in Pendinghaus, Ocean Machinery, Controlled Automation, Daito, Kaltenbach, etc.).
8. Can several people work on the same project at the same time?
YES. Simply a question of methodology. (X-Ref technology or cut&paste into master model) Will this be improved to make it even easier? YES :o).
9. Can large projects be done effectively with Advance Steel?
YES, with support for 64 bit Windows platforms (new 8.1 version) Advance Steel can now use up to 16 gigs of RAM for projects.
10. Will GRAITEC be around in 3 years?
No one has a crystal ball...but GRAITEC has been around since 1987 and is #2 in the world for structural steel modeling and detailing. GRAITEC is profitable and growing much faster than the competition. 2007 will show close to triple digit growth. (percentage).
11. How difficult is it to move from 2D to 3D with Advance Steel?
In fact Advance Steel is an add-on to AutoCAD to it's an upgrade in the technology that you already know... not a complete shift. It's about as easy as it gets for 3D, but you can convince yourself ... TRY IT FREE FOR 15 DAYS (get a webdemo first, it will get you going).
12. Can I bring in models from other major 3D structural steel software and do the miscellaneous in Advance Steel?
YES... Among other formats Advance Steel can import-export to CIS/2 and IFC2X3 and these work generally very well going to Advance Steel.
13. Can Advance Steel bring in and use mechanical and other components?
YES, any object that can be imported in AutoCAD can be used to attach or do collision checks in Advance Steel. Many import-Export formats available through AutoCAD.
14. Can I talk to some Advance Steel users?
Absolutely, give us a call and we'll give you some references.