This page is dedicated to users installing the latest GRAITEC Advance software versions (Advance Steel, Advance Concrete, Advance Design). It provides useful information about the installation process hardware and software requirements, installation and activation steps.
For more information about the installation, please download in PDF format.
GRAITEC Advance, starting with version 2011, is provided on a single DVD allowing the installation of the full solution in one step.FAQs regarding the license activation that provide important information such as the license behavior when changing a computer.
Due to the wide variety of projects handled by GRAITEC users, it is difficult to suggest a unique system configuration that fits all cases. The minimal requirements described below allow the software to run under acceptable conditions for average sized projects. This might not be enough for handling all projects in the best conditions. For any questions or any issue regarding system requirements, please contact GRAITEC.
Minimal system requirementsHardware
- PC with Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.0 GHz (or AMD equivalent);
- 4 GB RAM. According to project size and complexity, additional RAM is highly recommended. Please contact GRAITEC for more details;
- Minimum 10 GB free disk space on the hard disk;
- For Advance Concrete and Advance Steel: AutoCAD® compatible graphics card (for more information, see www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard);
- For Advance Design: Windows compatible graphics adapter (min. 512 MB video RAM), with the latest video driver (recommended by the manufacturer), with support for OpenGL and DirectX;
- 1200 x 900 display resolution with true color on a 19" display or higher;
- DVD Drive / Network adapter / keyboard / mouse / USB port;
- Internet connection or an alternate solution for activating the license (see the corresponding chapter in the Installation Guide);
- For network licenses: Microsoft Windows network license server configured according to the Installation Guide and Flexera requirements (see http://www.flexerasoftware.com);
- For multi-user functionality: properly configured Microsoft Windows server.
- Operating system:
- - Windows 7 - 32 / 64-bit
- - Windows Vista - 32 / 64-bit
- - TCP/IP Protocol
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- AutoCAD® (for Advance Concrete and Advance Steel)
- - AutoCAD® 2012 or AutoCAD® Architecture 2012 - 32 / 64-bit
- - AutoCAD® 2011 or AutoCAD® Architecture 2011 - 32 / 64-bit
- - AutoCAD® 2010 or AutoCAD® Architecture 2010 - 32 / 64-bit
Notice regarding Microsoft Office running on 64-bit Operating Systems:
Some versions of Microsoft Office install a 32-bit version on 64-bit operating systems (including a 32-bit ODBC driver). This affects GRAITEC Advance from running properly and this can be fixed through a set of manual operations described on the GRAITEC web site. To avoid downgrading the performance of GRAITEC Advance, we highly recommend installing and using 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office, including 64-bit versions for the ODBC drivers.
Recommended system requirementsIn addition to the minimal configuration, here is the hardware and software recommended by GRAITEC.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate or Professional - 64-bit;
- Processor Intel Core i3 3.0 GHz (or AMD equivalent) or higher;
- 12 GB RAM - According to the project size and complexity, additional RAM might be required. Please contact GRAITEC for more details;
- 50 GB free space on HDD or more;
- 1680 x 1050 display resolution with true color on a 22" screen or higher;
- Windows and AutoCAD® compatible printer or plotter;
- For Advance Steel and Advance Concrete: AutoCAD® 2012 64-bit.
This configuration is subject to change and we invite you to review this information for each new software update or new operating system version.
GRAITEC is testing its software on freshly windows installed systems and cannot guarantee their correct behavior on any computer running any third party software (outdated drivers, specific AutoCAD® plug-ins, silent processes running in the background, antivirus software or firewalls improperly configured, etc.), or hardware (specific processors, specific I/O devices, etc.). Users might experience slow access or no access at all, functionality loss in the case of an improperly configured network or other software or hardware misusage.
GRAITEC could not be held responsible for any of the problems mentioned above, including but not limiting to the cases when the minimal configuration described would not allow the software to run correctly and users to handle their projects properly. In any case of software malfunction, we strongly recommend to contact your GRAITEC reseller. Licenses can be transferred using the Graitec FlexNet Operation (FNO) server. Graitec is doing its best to assure a continuous availability of the license server. Only under severe conditions, the server might be out of order for a limited time. In this case, Graitec would do its best for getting it operational in the shortest time.
1. Close all active Windows applications before starting the installation.
2. ANTIVIRUS software must be deactivated during the installation process.
3. You must have local windows ADMINISTRATOR rights during the installation.
Note: If you are updating, read the Migrating from a previous version chapter in the Installation guide.
Installation steps:1. Insert the installation DVD into the DVD drive.
The setup program starts automatically and the DVD Browser appears. If the AutoPlay tool on the computer is switched off and thus the setup does not start automatically, use the Run command:
- From Windows menu, select: Start > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, click Browse to select the program Setup.exe on the DVD. Click OK.
2. Select the installation language and click Install products.
3. On the next screen, select the software to install and click Next.
4. Read the license agreement. Click I accept to agree to the specified terms and click Next to continue.
5. On the next screen, select the interface language and the installation path. For Advance Steel, you can select the components to install.
6. Click Install to start the installation.
The installation starts.
7. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Once GRAITEC Advance is installed, you must activate a license to use the software
Activating the software
The activation process allows users that purchased a license to use the acquired software according to the purchased license rights.
The process starts the first time you use GRAITEC Advance and it is based on a Serial Number and an Activation Code provided by your reseller or by GRAITEC. If you acquired GRAITEC Advance software and you do not have a Serial Number and an Activation Code please contact your reseller or GRAITEC.
Starting the activation processIf you have:
- A standalone license (not a server license)
- A Serial Number and an Activation Code
- An Internet connection
In all other cases, please read the Installation guide.
If you do not have an Internet connection, the offline procedure allows activating the license using e-mail exchange. Please read the Installation guide or the Activation page.
1. Start Advance and on the start screen select I want to activate my license. Click Next.
You can also select Programs > Graitec > Advance XXX > License Utility from the Windows Start menu.
2. Enter the serial number and the activation code. Click Next.
3. Your computer contacts the activation server at GRAITEC; the license rights are written in the database. The activation server receives the information and processes it. If the activation code and the serial number are registered, then the license rights, according to the license agreement, are transferred from GRAITEC to the customer. After clicking Finish in the last dialog box, Advance starts automatically.
Your software is activated. You can use it with or without an Internet connection.
Please read the FAQs regarding the license activation that provide important information such as the license behavior when changing a computer and the necessary steps to avoid losing your license.