1. Launch the Edit > Used cross sections command.
2. In the “Description of defined geometries” dialog box, go to the User tab and add a new cross section family: “Z Family“.
3. For this new family we will create 4 new cross sections. Then, the newly created cross sections will be calculated with the Cross Sections module.
4. The Z200/2 cross section type is used for the purlins of the model. Once this cross section type is used in the model, the Z Family is automatically added in “Stored shapes“.
5. After running the Finite Element Analysis and the Steel Analysis, the automatic optimization of steel profiles can be applied:
In the “Suggested shapes” dialog box, since the Z200/2 cross section has a 118.6% work ratio, the next cross section of the same family, having a work ratio less that 100% is recommended.
6. After recalculating the model, reopen the “Suggested shapes” dialog box to compare the results: