How is a drawing style configured to show the top view of the cambered beam?
Software: Autodesk Advance Steel
Question: How is a drawing style configured to show the top view of the cambered beam?
With Advance Steel 2011 we can model Cambered Beams and detail them using a dedicated drawing style. The Cambered Beam settings can be accessed in the beam's advance properties where you can set the height of the camber and the direction. If you select the "Direction on Y" option then you will see the camber height on a Top or Bottom view of the beam. The provided drawing style used for camber beams details the camber only in a Front view. The purpose of this FAQ is to configure the current drawing style and add the top/bottom cambered view in addition to the current "Front view".
Perform the following steps:
1. Create a beam, enter the "Advance Properties" and on the "Cambered Properties" page select the "Is cambered" and "Direction on Y" options. In the "Height" field enter the value of the beam deflection and in the "Start Offset" and "End offset" fields enter 200 and 350, respectively.
2. To display the cambered beam in the drawing the model role must be set to "Cambered beam" on the "Naming" page. The detail view is based on selecting this model role.
3. Number the model.
4. Open the Drawing Style Manager (DSM) and then select from the "User/Processes" category the "Process - CamberedBeam 1:10 CO, AutoIntersections" drawing style. Right click and deep copy the drawing style with the name "Process - Front/Top CamberedBeam 1:10 CO, AutoIntersections".
5. Select the copied drawing style and click "Add an existing view". Select the "Mp Front 1:10 CO Cambered" view from the "Special structural parts" category.
6. Select the previously added view and rename it to "Mp Top 1:10 CO Cambered".
7. After you rename the view change "View direction and model box" from "Object Front" to "Object Top". Click the "Apply" button to save the changes. Next, use the style to detail the modeled Cambered beam.
8. Open the drawing from the "Document Manager". If the Top view is not available due to the Necessary view setting that does not consider it necessary to display it due to the lack of features on its top/bottom flange, double click on the green outer frame of the details and select the "Mp Top 1:10 CO Cambered" view, next select the "Always on" option and click "OK". The detail view will be displayed.