Advance Concrete - Mesh reinforcement
Often, in reinforced concrete structures, not only bars, but meshes and bent meshes also are used, especially for slabs and walls reinforcement. The decision whether to use both, bars and meshes, or just meshes is usually made according to the shape of structural element, country standards or other reasons such as reduced costs and easier on-site fixing.
The on-site process consists of placing mesh panels of the right shape, on the desired surface, often of an irregular contour, with or without openings. Cutting the desired shape from rectangular mesh panels might result in significant material loss if scraps are not re-used. Therefore, to avoid useless costs generated by ordering additional quantity of panels it is recommended to take into account the scraps and estimate the necessary quantity based on the reinforcement drawings.
Using the intelligent and powerful tools of Advance Concrete, both, simple and bent meshes are easily placed and distributed on the views of the reinforcement drawings. The panels can be cut at any shape while taking into account scraps and even more, scraps can be automatically optimized. Additionally, the mesh representation in all other views of the reinforcement drawing is automatically managed, avoiding frequent distribution mistakes.
The result meets greatest expectations: High quality reinforcement drawings, accurate quantity estimation, with great time and cost saving!
Quickly reinforce large areas of any shape
Mesh panels are especially useful to reinforce large areas. Using Advance Concrete, mesh panels can be easily distributed within any area of any shape, with or without openings.
Once the shape of the surface and the openings is specified, Advance Concrete automatically detects the contour and places the mesh panels correctly. As simple as drawing polylines!
Slabs and walls of any shape can be reinforced:
- Rectangular, polygonal, with curved and straight edges
- With openings of any shape: round, rectangular, polygonal
Accurate placing, flexibility, various changes automatically managed
Mesh panels can be accurately placed. Additionally, Advance Concrete manages automatic outline functions. It allows for increased productivity and accuracy during the reinforcement detailing process.
- Place the first mesh panel in the required position. You can change the insertion point anytime. Meshes are recalculated with a simple click.
- Define exactly the direction of the distribution: set the angle value or simply click two points to define the angle. You can change it any time.
- Modify each panel separately, change the outline shape, add or remove openings. The distribution updates automatically! Any change of the geometric outline is taken into account.
Small surfaces or small adjustments are easily handled:
- Mesh panels can be placed one by one, exactly where required
- One or several panels can be trimmed. Simply draw the contour to cut and get the necessary shape with a click.
- Advance Concrete manages immediately the concrete covers, the panel size, overlapping, etc. The preview updates immediately to reflect any changes. The drawing is fast and precise.
Select the desired standard when starting a new project! Only the mesh libraries according to the selected standard will be available.
Suitable for various situations
Slabs and walls of any shape, no matter how complex, can be handled by detailing meshes directly on the 2D drawings.
Rows of bent meshes can be easily created on supports, slab edges, etc. Mesh rows allow optimized overlapping, linear offset, etc.
Specific bent meshes with curves can be created.
Curved slab edges, walls with curved ridge
Simple and bent meshes can be distributed along arcs and circles
Powerful mesh scraps management
Cutting various shapes from rectangular mesh panels leaves smaller or bigger scraps of rectangular or irregular shapes.
With powerful software such as Advance Concrete mesh scraps are fully managed!
With single click actions, find out the percentage of lost scraps and also how to handle scraps with minimum material loss.
- Once the mesh panels are distributed on the desired surface, simply click a button and mesh scraps are automatically optimized! Advance Concrete finds the appropriate scrap and re-uses it for another panel, thus minimizing the total mesh quantity.
- No need to lose time thinking how to cut smaller mesh pieces from scraps!
Advance Concrete provides a special list, specific for mesh scraps management. It displays the optimized number of meshes and shows how to handle the scraps to get the minimum quantity. It can be the meshes order list to the supplier!
Simply place the reinforcement using easy-to-use tools and this powerful software takes care of the rest of the job!
The result: Accurate estimation of necessary material without any additional effort, while reducing the costs.
Layout according to country standards
As it provides various representation types for both, simple and bent meshes, Advance Concrete fits any requirements and can be used worldwide.
Before starting a project select the suitable representation type and set it as default!
The result: You will save time and get clear and accurate drawings at the same time
Complete, accurate, interactive reinforcement drawings
Advance Concrete automatically manages mesh and bent mesh representations in cuts and sections.
- Create the bent mesh on the view and distribute it on the necessary elevation or plan view. Meshes are automatically represented in the cut views of the reinforcement drawing.
- Distribute meshes within an outline (elevation or plan view). Meshes are automatically represented in the cut views of the reinforcement drawing.
In practice, during different stages of a project, various changes might be necessary. Advance Concrete automatically manages the link between bent meshes and their distributions.
- Add or remove openings in slabs and walls of the model. Mesh distribution adjusts automatically!
- Change the mesh bending or the size using grips. The distribution updates automatically!
- New sections and elevations can be added on the reinforcement drawing. Meshes, as all other reinforcement elements are automatically represented.
- Starting from the reinforcement views, Advance Concrete creates the 3D reinforcement cage and manages the mesh representation in all views. A key factor in time and cost management!