Advance Concrete - Dynamic reinforcement
Intelligent solution for reinforced concrete structural elements
Creation of the reinforcement drawing is an important step in designing reinforced concrete buildings, which usually involves a lot of time, patience, skills and responsibility, as the created drawings should comply with specific standards.
Advance Concrete has a new reinforcement solution, easy to use in projects, so that the time spent for reinforcement drawing creation is considerably reduced.
What is dynamic reinforcement?
Dynamic reinforcement is a new concept, allowing more flexibility in designing reinforcement solutions.
The user can use and create reinforcement solutions by integrating them in their context, as well as element nodes and junctions.
The created reinforcement solutions can be used later in other projects, where the elements have different sizes.
The reinforcement elements adjust to the new dimensions and are taken into account in reinforcement drawing creation and lists.
Predefined dynamic reinforcement solutions
Advance Concrete has a set of predefined dynamic reinforcement solutions allowing the reinforcement of structural elements (beams, columns, footings, slabs) and assemblies of structural elements:
- Cantilever beams
- Columns (stirrups and pin bars)
- Door and window openings
- Wall between two columns
- Plain wall between walls
Flexibility in defining new dynamic reinforcement solutions
Complex structural elements like columns with corbels, ribbed slabs, wall openings and assemblies of structural elements are just a few examples of situations that often come up in projects for which there is no predefined reinforcement solution.
The user creates a reinforcement drawing, which integrates geometric information, local rules and standards for the steel grade, reinforcement placement, concrete covers, overlaps, and anchor lengths.
Advance Concrete provides all the necessary tools:
- A user friendly environment for reinforcement solution design which allows the creation of a reinforcement drawing with all the necessary views: cuts, elevation, isometric views;
- Various tools for the creation of all reinforcement elements necessary for the reinforcement cage: straight and polygonal bars, U and L bars, stirrup and pin bars, meshes and distributions;
- A wizard for saving the dynamic reinforcement solution that provides the option to integrate all conditions and parameters necessary for the reinforcement cage to adapt to the new dimensions in the model.
|Two perpendicular walls||Column aligned with a wall||Wall between 2 parallel walls|
The Dynamic Reinforcement allows the reinforcement of elements with certain properties or complying with some geometric conditions:
- Thickness smaller than a given value; for example, walls thinner than 20cm. The number of bars is modified according to the wall thickness;
- A relation between the element dimensions (e.g. deep beams: Length / SectionHeight < 3, broad beams: SectionLength / SectionWidth < 0.33);
- Structural elements of the same type and material.
Using Dynamic Reinforcement, the elements of a reinforcement drawing can be saved and then applied in the project after modifying the defined parameters. The reinforcement adapts to the formwork contours and the reinforcement drawing can be automatically created with all bars, meshes, and all annotations.
Easy to use
Defining a new reinforcement solution involves the following steps:
1. Automatic creation of a drawing
- Isometric views
- Top / bottom views
2. Adding reinforcement elements
3. Saving the reinforcement solution
- Steel grade
- Bar diameter
- Concrete cover
- Anchor length, hook type
- Bar spacing (for distributions).
To illustrate the reinforcement design workflow using Dynamic Reinforcement, GRAITEC provides a multimedia tutorial which presents an example often found in designing reinforced concrete buildings: a beam supported by columns with a square section. The solution can then be applied to any beam supported by columns with square sections, regardless of the beam length.
Online tutorial on dynamic reinforcement
Reusing the reinforcement solutions
The reinforcement solutions are saved in a file for later use in other projects. Both, existing and user-defined solutions can be used to reinforce elements integrated in their context, matching the defined conditions.
All reinforcements put in place using the "Dynamic Reinforcement" automatically adapt to formwork contours and can be taken into account in reinforcement drawing creation and lists.
The dynamic reinforcement solution considers the openings in the structural elements. For example, the bar distributions in walls or in slabs automatically consider the openings.
Based on the reinforcement representation in the views of the reinforcement drawing, Advance Concrete recreates the cage and displays it in 3D. It also detects collisions.
- The dynamic reinforcement solutions can be easily used in projects, so that the time spent for reinforcement drawings creation is considerably reduced. Common tasks, frequently encountered during the project development are simplified and reduced to simple parameter value input.
- Once defined and saved, the dynamic reinforcement solutions can be applied in other projects; this minimizes the risk of errors and guarantees compliance with design rules and standards.
- The drawings are kept up-to-date when projects are modified, and the risk of errors is considerably reduced.
More info in FAQ section
How can Virtual memory allocation be extended to 3 Gigabytes on a 32 bit operating system?
How do I export from Advance Design to Advance Steel?