Advance Concrete - Bar shape library
Concrete structures such as residential buildings, domes, towers, and industrial structures are nowadays widely built all over the world. Designing and then detailing the necessary reinforcement is the most challenging step during the construction process. Reinforcing various structure elements (stairways, slabs, walls, footings with various geometry, retaining walls, etc.), requires using various shapes of bars in accordance with specific country codes and regulations. Due to the diversity of rules and shapes, detailing the reinforcement involves creating bars with specific properties and shapes.
Advance Concrete provides comprehensive bar shape libraries created according to national or international regulations. Additionally, it is possible to create custom nonstandard bar shapes - a useful and efficient feature, with great impact on productivity!
Wide variety of predefined bar shapes!Whether you are detailing flat slabs, square columns, retaining walls or circular tanks, Advance Concrete provides facilities to detail the suitable bar shapes. A wide variety of proper locally required bar shapes are available:
- Straight bars and bars with standard bends
- Closed stirrups with varying angles
- Spirals, 3D bars (e.g., bar shapes for consoles)
Almost all major international codes are covered!
The predefined bar shapes are based on country codes. Thus, projects from different countries across North America and Europe can be detailed using the adequate bar shape library. Available bar shape standards include:
- BS 4466 1989
- BS 8666 2005
- SANS 282-2004
- Shear 97
- United States
When starting a new project, select the desired country specific code. The bar shape library displays the list of predefined bar shapes in the selected standard.
Fully customizable shape libraries!New bar shapes can be easily added in just a few clicks. Any shape can be defined using the advanced user-definable bar shape facility of Advance Concrete. Thus, existing libraries can easily be enriched.
- Draw each segment of the desired shape, no matter how complex.
- Specify the bending diameter for each segment.
- Optionally, hooks can be added at bar extremities. The hooks can have fixed types of angle and lengths.
- Specify a code.
- Preview picture: just draw the shape and the preview.
- Define the formula for the bar length calculation.
Intuitive, flexible and efficient reinforcement bars creation!Bars from a shape library can be easily placed on the reinforcement drawing using a dedicated function. This tool, integrated in a user-friendly interface, makes Advance Concrete the right choice for anyone.
- Advance Concrete provides a tool that allows quickly inserting bars of any standard or nonstandard shape.
- The desired bar shape can be selected based on the shape code or preview picture.
- The selected shape is displayed immediately on the drawing.
- The desired size of bar segments can be set at any time.
- - Before placing the bar or during its creation
- - After the bar is created, simply by accessing the bar properties dialog box
Entirely customizable bar shapes!The new bar shapes are entirely customizable
Nonstandard bar shapes can be defined with an optional segment. This allows more flexibility. The same bar shape code can be used to draw different bars.
Additionally, Advance Concrete provides bar editing functionalities.
Changes that might be required during production can be easily handled.
- Existing bar shapes can be reused.
- All changes are immediately taken into account in reinforcement lists, bar symbols and annotations – automatically updated.
Intuitive, intelligent and powerful!
All bars are drawn according to the selected shape library!
You can focus on drawing the bars on the reinforcement drawing while Advance Concrete automatically recognizes the matching shape code of the drawn bars.
- Automatically recognizes the matching shape code of the drawn bars. Nonstandard shapes are identified as Shape code 99.
- Automatically recognizes the bending class and applies the correct hook values accordingly.
- Automatically creates hooks according to the bending class defined in the library.
In addition to the shape, the bending class and the length calculation formula are taken into account in lists and BOMs. Advance Concrete will maintain them during the project.
Powerful, productive and efficient
No need to always design from scratch!
Advance Concrete provides several predefined reinforcement solutions using bars from the bar shape libraries.
Bar length calculation formula
With Advance Concrete you can define not only the bar shapes, but also the length calculation formula.
An advanced feature – a flexible formula editor – allows defining the length calculation formula directly from the bar shape library.
- A large set of operators and functions are available.
- The length is accurately calculated
Export to rebar fabrication software
Advance Concrete bar shapes are compatible with production software such as ASA, Soule, SteelPAC and CSF technologies. Bar bending details are included in the SteelPAC files.
- Bend class abbreviation
- Bend creepage deduction – fixed value that compensates the average loss of material when bending bars to get the specified shape