Autodesk Advance Concrete Related Technical Articles
Concrete design and detailing software
Advance Concrete software for concrete design and RC detailing is conveniently built on the AutoCAD platform. Work with easy-to-use, comprehensive tools to help accelerate more accurate modeling and automate the creation of construction drawings and deliverables. Interoperability with Revit and Graitec Advance Design software supports a more connected Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflow.
Customer Project ReferencesClick here to see all the customer projects
3D structural modeling tools
Easy-to-use tools support fast, more precise modeling of reinforced concrete structures. Advance Concrete provides comprehensive libraries that include structural elements, openings, and materials and sections, as well as level management tools for easier modeling. Create elements of any shape as ACIS solids, then easily convert them to Advance Concrete elements.Reinforcement modeling and detailing
Use a variety of tools to reinforce structural elements, including cast-in-place concrete, precast concrete, and special construction elements.
- Detail bars and meshes freely, directly on 2D drawings, as Advance Concrete creates and maintains a 3D model
- Select from a library of predefined bar shapes
- Assign parametric reinforcement attributes for each object (beams, columns, openings)
- Automate the placement of reinforcement bars and keep drawings up-to-date when models are modified
- Automatically optimize mesh and bent mesh reinforcements
- Create and visualize 3D reinforcement cages, and check clashes more easily
|Watch Advance Concrete
Structural Modeling Made Easy with Autodesk Advance Concrete
All the necessary tools are provided for fast and efficient modeling. Initial creation of a precise model is important enabling Autodesk Advance Concrete to subsequently create all structural and reinforcement drawings. Autodesk Advance Concrete comes complete with all the specialized capabilities required for the creation of reinforced concrete structures:
- Complete library of structural elements (slabs, beams, columns, walls, foundations)
- Complete library of openings (doors, windows, depressions, floor openings, niches and elevator pits)
- Complete library of hole shapes (rectangular, circular, polygonal)
- Materials and sections libraries (including precast sections and steel profiles)
- Levels management tools
- - Option to Copy/Move elements from one level to another
- - Option to Copy the entire level above/below the current one. All the visual elements (dimensions, annotations, etc.) can be copied with the structural ones.
- Any shape can be created using ACIS solids and converted into Autodesk Advance Concrete elements.
- Easy modeling for inclined elements (roof beams, attic walls) as well as roofs and ramps
- Parametric stairs with one or two ramps and different types of anchors
Reinforcement Modeling and Detailing for all Situations
Autodesk Advance Concrete has a wide variety of tools for reinforcing structural elements, ranging from cast-in-place concrete to precast and special construction elements. You can choose the most appropriate tools for your processes and preferences, allowing you to quickly adapt the software and integrate it into your company workflow.
Using Autodesk Advance Concrete's powerful reinforcement tools, you can quickly generate bars and fabrics and distribute the objects. The software automatically creates material lists and steel ratios.
Free reinforcement detailing Autodesk Advance Concrete provides a set of tools for detailing bars and meshes freely, directly on the 2D drawings. The software constructs and maintains a 3D model from the bars detailed on the drawing, which enables visualization, clash checking and quantity take-offs. Using this reinforcement detailing method you can generate drawings for any special shapes, regardless of the complexity. Bending details and multiple symbols can be created automatically for the entire reinforcement drawing.
Comprehensive Shape Library: Predefined bar shapes can provide the construction site with bars that were already bent in the workshop. Autodesk Advance Concrete has an easy-to-use complex shape library included, but new ones can quickly be added.
Parametric (Automatic) Reinforcement: Autodesk Advance Concrete enables assignment of parametric reinforcement attributes for each object (beam, column, openings). Reinforcement drawings are then automatically created! You can also create custom reinforcement templates and associate them to structural elements.
Each reinforcement style can be customized and applied for multiple situations.
Different templates can be saved and used for the entire model, allowing a huge time-saving and reinforcement drawings are obtained in seconds after only few clicks. In addition, you can modify the style parameters, apply them and see the modifications in real time.
Dynamic Reinforcement is an exclusive technology that significantly accelerates the creation of reinforcement drawings by automating the placement of reinforcement bars and by keeping drawings up-to-date when projects are modified. It rapidly reinforces standard elements (e.g., beams, columns, footings, etc.) by integrating them in their context, as well as element nodes and junctions (e.g., wall/wall or wall/slab connections), and prefabricated elements.
The advantage of this new technology is that once a complex reinforcement solution is created, it can be saved and re-used for all the similar cases in other projects, leading to a significant time-saving, especially when similar reinforcement layouts appear repeatedly in the structure. Autodesk Advance Concrete has a set of predefined solutions that can be used immediately or that can be quickly adapted to suit your needs.
Mesh panels and bent meshes reinforcement mostly used for slabs and walls are all possible in addition to the regular reinforcing, plus Autodesk Advance Concrete can automatically optimize mesh rests.
Reinforcement Cage: Autodesk Advance Concrete makes the 3D reinforcement design and visualization much easier:
- The 3D viewer allows a quick realistic and interactive view of the entire 3D layout
- The Clash check tool is used to verify if there are any reinforcement collisions, which are accurately detected and highlighted graphically.
Construction Drawings Created Automatically
Automatically generate sections, elevations, foundations drawings, isometric views, total or partial cuts, etc as you go during the modeling process and manage and update the drawings whenever the model changes.
To accelerate drawing completion, Autodesk Advance Concrete offers a large selection of automatic dimensioning, labelling and section tools:
- Associative and dynamic dimension lines
- Interactive sections
- Smart symbols and marking
With Autodesk Advance Concrete, you can draw reinforcement objects on:
- AutoCAD® 2D drawings
- Calculated views generated from an Autodesk Advance Concrete formwork/structural drawing
- Autodesk Architectural Desktop views.
Autodesk Advance Concrete can work in 2D or 3D depending on the your preference and the type of structure being modeled and supports all basic AutoCAD® concepts and functions (snap points, grip points, copy, etc.).
Document Management: Customized to your needs
Autodesk Advance Concrete facilitates the creation of paper drawings
- Automation of AutoCAD® paper space
- Simple drag and drop of drawings on the paper
- Views have dynamic properties : scales, rotation
- History of drawings and views (version control)
- Export layouts and drawings to DWG, for further use in other applications
In addition to creation of construction drawings, Autodesk Advance Concrete also provides complete structural estimation: volume of concrete, surface of formwork, etc.
New projects are started quickly with Autodesk Advance Concrete by using predefined configurations from previous projects. These can include settings / modifications to materials, bars, meshes, units and layer naming.
Assistance: Autodesk Advance Concrete provides all the learning tools to quickly master its main functions:
- Complete on-line help
- "What's this" function on every tool and object
- Self paced training with a built-in Autodesk Advance Concrete Learning Program
Multi-user mode: Big projects in less time
Autodesk Advance Concrete integrates the “Model Share” technology - a major innovation allowing splitting big projects in smaller parts, which are then shared and detailed separately by several users simultaneously.
- There is no time loss during the project. Short deadlines are successfully met. The collaborative solution ensures faster modeling, allowing the development of more projects in a shorter time.
- New elements and modified elements are “published” to the database and become available to all other members of the team only when the draftsman issues the command, when the model is complete and correct.
- Based on the Microsoft SQL technology
AutoCAD Architecture: a seamless and efficient duo for those tight deadlines!
Using Autodesk Advance Concrete and AutoCAD Architecture guarantees accelerated and consistent drawing creation!
Architects use AutoCAD Architecture to create, consolidate and transmit building designs and specifications: walls, shapes, aesthetics, environment, etc.
Engineering offices can re-use the architects AutoCAD Architecture objects and directly convert them to structural elements. Advance's automated tools analyze the individual objects and global structural stability and then create construction drawings in compliance with local standards.
The engineers can then forward the finished project back to the Architects and/or Construction professionals in a standard .DWG file... All in record time!
Sections and reinforcement drawings can be created directly on AutoCAD Architecture elements, without any adjustments.
Autodesk Advance Concrete and AutoCAD Architecture eliminate work redundancy and increase workflow between architects and engineers. As an added bonus: managing a project on both ends becomes a snap!
BIM technology : GRAITEC software interoperability and integrationGRAITEC continually ensures its software easily communicates with the leading technology solutions from Autodesk, such as Revit®, Navisworks, Advance Steel and Advance Concrete, using widely adopted and standard industry formats. In addition, the GRAITEC BIM format allows accurate exchange of models between applications as well as the ability to synchronise without data loss.
Discover how Advance Concrete is compatible with
Download the free BIM Connect app here