Advance CAD is 2D /3D CAD software for creating and modifying native DWG™ files, dedicated to the AEC industry.
Advance CAD is fully compatible DWG® CAD software. It provides its users a simple, natural and economical solution to the frequent requirements of drawing creation and modification. With a modern easy-to-use interface, Advance CAD creates all 2D and 3D entities. Concepts such as "layers", "snap points", "windows", "Boolean operations", etc. are available as well as all navigation features and rendering functionalities.
- A complete 2D/3D CAD environment
- Full support of DWG format
- Immediate productivity, thanks to its familiar interface and CAD functions
- Versatile software, suited for all types of CAD users (engineers, architects, draftsmen)
- Competitive and cost-effective CAD software
- The list of Advance CAD 2015 features
A complete 2D/3D CAD environment
Standard CAD featuresAdvance CAD provides all the common CAD tools and features:
- CAD Drawing Tools
- - 2D drafting
- - 3D surface primitives
- - Modifying 3D solids
- - Three-dimensional meshes made of polygons
- - Large variety of hatch patterns
- Viewing commands
- - UCS control
- - Visual styles
- - Zooming and panning
- - Multiple layout viewports
- - Print from layout
- - Plot to DWF/PDF, etc.
- Drafting tools
- - Object snap
- - Polar tracking
- - Object snap tracking
- - Reference grid, etc.
- Dimensions and annotations
- Blocks and reference
- - Block explorer
- - External reference manager (xref manager)
- - Image manager
Additional features and optionsBesides the basic CAD features, Advance CAD includes several innovative features meant to enhance your productivity:
- Startup screen, providing useful tools, such as GRAITEC Resources (License management, Starting guide, etc.), links to GRAITEC website relevant pages, shortcut to last opened projects, model samples and link to GRAITEC programs demo movies.
- Advance CAD Explorer: lets you manage information and settings and quickly copy layers, line types and other information between drawings.
- Multiple-document interface (MDI): open and work with several drawings at the same time. You can also copy and paste elements between drawings.
- Editing multiple entities at the same time: change the properties of a selection of elements through a single properties window.
- Unlimited undo and redo actions.
Simple and intuitive interface
- Ribbon tabs
- Quick access toolbar manager
- Customizable menus, toolbars, keyboard shortcuts and aliases
- Autocomplete of commands
- Selection filters: Quickselect
- Possibility to customize general settings (display, paths/files, user preferences, crosshairs, profiles)
Advance CAD provides tools that allow you to work with 3D models. The three dimensional drafting is enabled by the ACIS Modeler (ACIS), a kernel with 3D modeling capabilities.
3D Tools available in Advance CAD:
- Draw primitive 3D solids: box, pyramid, wedge, cone, cylinder, sphere
- Predefined shapes (dish, dome, torus)
- Interfere, section or slice to obtain more complex solids
- Extrude/revolve sets of 2D curves into complex surfaces or solids
- Intersect/subtract/unite combinations of solids
- Functions that allow face (extrude, move, offset, rotate, taper, color, delete, copy) and body (imprint, separate, shell, clean, check) editing.
Drafting results can be easily viewed with the help of visual styles, specifically developed for solids, allowing to shade the objects and smooth the edges (realistic rendering) or to display the objects by lines / curves in order to see the overall assembly (wireframe rendering).
Models can be converted to body objects or to 3D solids using ACISIN command, if the body is a true solid or a true region. This command imports geometry objects from .SAT files (Standard ACIS Text).
Also, certain object types can be exported to ACIS files using ACISOUT command. This allows you to store surfaces, regions and 3D solids in a .SAT file format.
Full AutoCAD® compatibility
Advance CAD provides full compatibility with AutoCAD®, using most of the same file formats including those for drawings (.dwg files), commands, line types, hatch patterns, and text styles.
Advance CAD reads and writes .dwg files in their native format without data loss, from AutoCAD® 2014 and going all the way back to Version 2.5, including AutoCAD LT®. Because Advance CAD uses Autodesk® DWG™ format as its native file format, no conversion is required.
You can also use AutoCAD® menu files and run Autodesk® AutoLISP® programs.
- Import files: DWG, DXF, DXB, DWF, DWT
- Export files: DWG, PDF, BMP, WMF, EMF, DWF, SVG, STL.
- Export to 3D PDF
- Import and Export to ACIS files
Application programming interfaces (APIs)
Open Design Alliance platform (Teigha)
The basic framework for Advance CAD is Teigha, a C++ development environment that includes full support for .dwg/.dxf and DGN files, a powerful object-oriented C++ API, and a rich feature set for editing, manipulating and rendering CAD data. It also supports Teigha Xtensions for building custom objects and custom commands.
You can add to Advance CAD custom programs written in the following languages:
- Advance CAD supports the LISP programming language and is compatible with AutoLISP. This means that you can load and run AutoLISP programs written for use with AutoCAD®.
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Advance CAD can be customized using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) through an integrated interface, available from the Advance CAD menu. Advance CAD features a broad range of objects, giving you the power to write your own custom applications that can run within Advance CAD.
- SDS (Solutions Development System™)
- SDS is a C/C++ language interface compatible with the ADS interface in AutoCAD®. Like scripts and AutoLISP, you can run your existing ADS applications in Advance CAD. Simply recompile the source code using the SDS libraries provided on the Advance CAD DVD, or, if you use a CAD program written by a third-party vendor, contact that vendor for the Advance CAD version.
- Advance CAD completely supports the DCL (dialog control language). DCL is used by AutoLISP functions to define the look of dialog boxes. You can use all DCL files unmodified within Advance CAD.
- Advance CAD supports DIESEL (Direct Interactively Evaluated String Expression Language). DIESEL is a separate interpretive programming language that allows you to customize the status bar, menus, LISP functions.