How are user settings migrated to a newer Advance Steel version?
Software:Autodesk Advance Steel
Question:How are user settings migrated to a newer Advance Steel version?
When upgrading from Advance Steel 2010 to Advance Steel 2011, we can migrate almost all the user settings (drawing styles, prototypes, newly added bolts) by performing the following steps, depending on the type of customizations:
C:\ProgramData\Graitec\AdvanceSteel\2010\User2\Data, to the equivalent folder in Advance Steel 2011, C:\ProgramData\Graitec\Advance Steel\2011\User2\Data.
2. If the modification appeared in a different database than the AstorAddIn, for example:
• new materials or coatings
• new model roles
• symbol configurations
- AstorGratings: New or modified gratings
• Saved joint library entries
- AstorSettings: modifications done to the default values.
To transfer the settings made to these databases, we need to merge the databases with a tool provided by Management tools:
3. Support dwg files like Prototypes, BoM on Drawing templates, Connection Templates, Standard part template files and Symbol dwg files can be simply moved from their Advance Steel 2010 folder to the equivalent Advance Steel 2011 folder.
Note: even if an older file is recognized by Advance Steel 2011, it is recommended to convert the files to the newer version before using them, to save the time that Advance Steel would require to convert them every time it tries to access or use it. For example, during detailing, Advance Steel would require to convert the prototype each time it creates a drawing, leading to a speed decrease of the detailing operation.
To convert a file:
- Use the Save as option, and select as a file format AutoCAD® 2007.