GRAITEC Group News
GRAITEC celebrates 25 years of Innovation in the construction software industry
Bièvres, France, March 28th, 2012. GRAITEC celebrates its 25th anniversary as a leading software developer for CAD and structural analysis solutions in 2012. Founded in December 1986 by the current CEO Francis Guillemard, GRAITEC has grown from a French-based company to an international Group.
Founded in France in December 1986 by Francis GUILLEMARD, GRAITEC is now a worldwide group and became the 3rd largest European software publisher for Construction Engineering.
The expansion of the group is a combination of the creation of subsidiaries (Romania, Canada, USA, Asia, etc.) and the acquisition of several companies (Czech Republic, Germany, England, Italy, etc.) with the aim to optimize its software localization and to extend its geographical coverage in the construction market.
GRAITEC in 2012: Highlights and Facts
- Turnover of 25,9 M€: +11% growth compared to 2010
- A team of 260 people including 100 in Research and Development
- 14 subsidiaries: France, Germany, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, United Kingdom, Singapore, Italy, Canada and USA
- 15,000 customers
- 40,000 licenses used in over 80 countries
- A growing distribution worldwide network of 40 Value Added Resellers
From French design software to a worldwide Structural BIM solution
Since its creation, GRAITEC has always been investing in R&D with a continued commitment to provide the best solutions for the construction market and to become a real BIM player.
- 1986: Francis Guillemard founded GRAITEC with the vision to provide engineering design offices with software solutions featuring interactive graphical user interfaces
- 1989: Launch of 3 design software products in France: Effel (Finite Element Analysis software for concrete, steel and timber), Arche (building simulation and automated detailing software for concrete building) and Melody (2D Steel frame analysis software that features automatic connection design and drawing creation).
- 2001: Launch of Advance Concrete, an advanced solution for reinforced concrete modeling and detailing in AutoCAD®
- 2002: Launch of Advance Steel, a high end steel modeling and detailing system in AutoCAD®
- 2005: Launch of Advance Design, a new generation structural analysis software
- 2012: Launch of Advance Steel 2012, the first release which runs on its own CAD platform or with AutoCAD®
Automated creation of construction and general arrangement drawings
with its own CAD platform or with AutoCAD®
Analysis & Design of Reinforced Concrete / Steel structures and
automated creation of design reports
Automated creation of construction and reinforcement drawings in AutoCAD®
GRAITEC is now a unique multi material specialist of Structural BIM software for the Construction and Building industry, delivering best in class solutions and services from Structural Analysis to Engineering, Detailing and Production.
Commenting on this event, Francis GUILLEMARD, CEO and founder of GRAITEC, stated: "Being in business for 25 years is a fantastic milestone and we are very proud of our achievement. Now GRAITEC is a real international Group with 14 companies throughout the world. Even as we have grown, we continue to maintain the same quality of development and support that got us here. A 25-year old establishment for a software company demonstrates the quality of our products and the performance of our actions. This achievement would not have been possible without the confidence of our growing worldwide users and the daily involvement of our experienced staff."
A few pictures of the Event organized in Prague for GRAITEC employees to celebrate the GRAITEC 25th anniversary and to launch 2012 version of GRAITEC Advance suite.
Part of GRAITEC staff
Time to celebrate the 25th anniversary: