GRAITEC Group News
Release of Advance Steel 2009, the CAD software dedicated to steelwork construction
Aimed at steelwork construction and design offices, Advance Steel is an easy to use 3D steel structural modeling (profiles, joints etc.) software solution that automatically creates general arrangement drawings, detail drawings, material lists and NC files. Advance Steel is running on AutoCAD®.
The 2009 version focuses on 3 main themes:
- Collaborative work for users simultaneously working on the same model;
- Security and speed improvements;
- Productivity increase.
1. Collaborative work
Thanks to our unique "Model Share" technology, GRAITEC brings exclusive innovation to CAD technology in the field of steelwork construction enabling users to simultaneously and securely work together on the same model.
Each member of a project team therefore has access to a master model and can check-out the elements they need to work on. In addition, users get real-time notifications enabling them to identify which parts of the model are being worked on by other members, truly coordinating the project. Areas of the model that have been checked-out by other members are always available in a read-only mode. When the work is done, users have the ability to "publish" their work back to the master model, thus making it instantly accessible to other members, guaranteeing secure data protection.
Advanced features such as "partial loading" are also available to enable users to work on assemblies without the need to extract all associated elements. GRAITEC’s "Model Share" technology is a truly collaborative engineering solution that ensures fast modeling to Advance Steel 2009 users, providing an efficient, productive and secure organization solution.
2. Enhanced security (and speed) performances
Advance Steel 2009 is now the only CAD solution for steelwork construction that features continuous update of all NC-DSTV files index since it permanently gives information about document status and validity. This functionality was previously available for drawings (general arrangement drawings, detail drawings) but now has been extended to all documents: drawings, material lists and NC files.
Advance Steel 2009 users are permanently informed which drawings need to be re-issued depending on your projects’ modifications.
3. Enhanced functionalities aimed at increasing steel detailers’ productivityAdvance Steel 2009 also includes many other enhancements to improve the quality of drawings automatically created from the model.
Main improvements (non-exhaustive list):
- Automatic dimensions of saw-cuts on fabrication drawings;
- List of saw-cuts parts with integrated images;
- Ability to modify both dimensions and view depth on drawing viewports;
- Automatic dimensions of environment parts;
- Improved automatic placement of dimensions;
- The addition of various wizard commands for automatic assemblies.
|> Version 2009 delivery date||: November 15tth, 2008|
|> Compatibility||: AutoCAD® 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (32-bit and / or 64-bit)|
|> Available in||: German, English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Romanian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Czech|