Happy New Year!GRAITEC team wishes you and your family all the best for 2010!
Welcome to the first issue of GRAITEC ADVANCE STEEL newsletter.
We look forward to sending you the very latest information about our range of products through frequent e-newsletter publications that we hope you will find useful and valuable.
In this issue, we cover:
Advance Steel key features
Advance Steel® is part of the GRAITEC structural BIM solution.
|Chemical Engineering - courtesy of
Noving (Czech Republic)
|Staircase – courtesy of
Marshall stairs (UK)
|Air intake - courtesy of
Planungsbüro Heuer (Germany)
A few key features of the software:
- Fast and easy 3D modeling
- Precise and automatic creation and updating of construction documents
- Specific features for miscellaneous steel and sheet metal
- Collaborative work
- AutoCAD entities conversion (lines, arcs, polylines) to Advance Steel objects
- Large library of parametric joints
- Checking tools (clash detection, tool access etc.)
- Integrated joint design (French and North American codes, Eurocodes)
- Optimal automatic dimensioning for fabrication
- Drawing presentation templates (unwrap, curved beams etc.)
- BOMs automatically created from the 3D model
- General arrangement drawings (2D and 3D views: elevations, top views etc.)
- Automatic drawing update with revision control
- Drawing presentation templates for stairs and railings workshop drawings
- Automatic tools for sheet metal creation (e.g shape square-to-circular)
- Folded and twisted plates and their unfolded representation
- BIM approach for import, export and data synchronization between CAD / analysis workstations
- Interoperability with the market’s standards and key players: SDNF, CIS/2, IFC, etc.
- Single or multi-user mode to accelerate the modeling phase
- Document Manager to follow in real time the status of all documents
- DSTV files automatically created to control NC machines
Advance Steel 2010 NEW!
- Quick model views and several new connections make modelling faster and easier
- Faster access to all the connections with the new connection vault
- Accelerated productivity, drawings are created much quicker
- User experience enhancements, such as the intuitive User Interface
- Windows 7 Compatible
Project of the Month
June 2009, the world famous music group U2 started its "360°" worldwide concert tour. By the end of October 2009, the shows already attracted more than 3 million people across Europe and North America and touring will be continued next year. The band wanted to get as close as possible to the fans and offer all spectators a 360° view. The challenge to create an extraordinary staging structure, fulfilling these demands, was on!
Specialized in temporary event structures, decking systems and scaffolding structures, STAGECO is an international company in charge of designing the structure, using Advance Steel.
Mr. Koen Peeters - STAGECO R&D project designer: "The use of Advance Steel and its easy-to-use 3D modeling has significantly contributed to the success of fabricating and delivering the steel structure in time and without errors at site".
GRAITEC Advantage is available to all GRAITEC customers along with a brand new online forum!We would encourage all our users to make the most of GRAITEC online services to network with other users. Contact GRAITEC technical team to send us your ideas for future development and feedback on our software!
Delivered any great projects lately?
Take advantage of our free marketing services and get your Advance Steel projects published online in our reference section or included in our worldwide corporate and product brochures for free. Or contact us to create a detailed “case study” for a more focused marketing opportunity - this is also free!
Canopy for the
|Automatic drawing creation and fabrication files for steel construction in AutoCAD®||Automatic formwork and reinforcement drawing creation in AutoCAD®||Finite elements structural analysis and Steel / Concrete design with automatic reports|
For further information, please visit our website.