The 2009 version focuses on several main themes:
With our unique "Model Share" technology, GRAITEC brings exclusive innovation to CAD technology in the field of steelwork construction enabling users to simultaneously and securely work together on the same model.
Each member of a project team therefore has access to a master model and can check-out the elements they need to work on. In addition, users get real-time notifications enabling them to identify which parts of the model are being worked on by other members, truly coordinating the project. Areas of the model that have been checked-out by other members are always available in a read-only mode. When the work is done, users have the ability to "publish" their work back to the master model, thus making it instantly accessible to other members, guaranteeing secure data protection.
Advanced features such as "partial loading" are also available to enable users to work on assemblies without the need to extract all associated elements. GRAITEC’s "Model Share" technology is a truly collaborative engineering solution that ensures fast modeling for Advance Steel 2009 users, providing an efficient, productive and secure organization solution.
GRAITEC'S Multi-User solution has numerous benefits:
- Speed improvements: to model a big project (multiple users working on the same DWG file)
- Display performances: tools to display only the checked-out elements
- Security: checked-out elements are available in the "read-only" mode for other users
- Real-time notifications: users get real-time notifications each time the master model has been modified
- Flexibility: joints can be created between elements modeled by different users
Automatic update for NC-DSTV files
This functionality was previously available for drawings (general arrangement drawings, detail drawings) and it has been extended to all documents: drawings, material lists and NC files.
Improved automatic creation of saw-cuts
- Automatic dimensions of saw-cuts on fabrication drawings
- List of saw-cut parts with integrated images
- Ability to modify both dimensions and view depth on drawing viewports
- Automatic dimensions of environment parts
- Improved automatic placement of dimensions
- Addition of various wizard commands for automatic assemblies
Joint Design according to AISC and EC3 rules
The user must enter the forces in the dialog box, and then click the "Check" button to immediately know if the joint passes the EC3 or AISC checking. As a result, the user gets a report that can be printed or sent to anyone by email. This report contains all the checking done for all the components for the joint (e.g., bolt diameters, bolt distances, end plate thickness, weld thickness, etc.)
At the same time, Advance Steel 2009 provides new joints, which include Joint Design according to AISC rules. These new joints are the "Bracing to column and base plate" and the "Single gusset plate bracing".
New modeling functions
- New tools for creating Grating elements.
- Intelligent link between bolts and holes: bolts automatically create the right holes.
Users can create standard rectangular Grating elements either with their central point or with 2 diagonals points. For situations where non-standard grating elements are required, users can create "polygonal" gratings by picking points and by selecting an AutoCAD® polyline to convert it to a polygonal Grating.
- New Base Plate Joint
- New Shear Splice Plate Joint
- New Platform (toe) Joint
- New HSS Bracing Joints for 2 and 3 diagonals
- New Direct bolting Joint
- New Lap Joints for Flats and for L angles
- New Cold rolled Joints
Our software products are used in more than 40 countries worldwide.
For more information on our products, please contact the nearest GRAITEC office.
Str. Samuil Vulcan Nr. 10, Sector 5, Bucharest
Tel: 021 / 4 10 01 19 Fax: 021 / 4 10 01 24
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.graitec.com/en