- Advance Steel 7.1 to be released in a few weeks. Will be the most comprehensive upgrade ever!
- Advance 7.1 pre-launch promotion on now in the Americas until December 31st 2006. (FREE "Quickconnect" connection design option, $2000 value per license!)
|What are the benefits of Modeling with Advance Steel vs 2D CAD?
Better all around general productivity:
Detailers find that structural modeling with Advance Steel
compared to 2D is as easy but more productive and fun since the software automates the most tedious and repetitive tasks...Best of all the drawings look good! Among many other benefits the intelligent modeling environment provides much better project change management and quality control. Junior users really benefit from instant visual feedback on the structural assembly and collision / tool spacing checks.
Engineers will appreciate among other things the enhanced 2 way communication with their existing structural design software (CIS/2 interface, unique line to object conversion tools) in addition to industry trusted DESCON joint design integrated in the Advance
Fabricators appreciate Advance
's single click automatic creation of all fabrication drawings and NC or NC-DXF code.
Builders, architects and checkers can view and redline 3D models and 2D drawings posted on the web or received by e-mail using the standard AutoCAD viewer that downloads automatically. Click on the screenshot below to see a small movie of the connection design option in Advance
|Can Advance Steel for AutoCAD be compared to high end costly packages? Can it work side by side with those existing technologies?
Just like those expensive packages costing 3x as much, Advance
is developped by a large organisation and is a high end 3D modeling system that can handle any size project. The differences are:
It's AutoCAD embeddded... Advance
file format is DWG. Can also save as 100% compatible to 3D-DWF format viewably by FREE automatically downloadable Autodesk viewer. (ease of communication with other project partners)
Familiar enhanced state of the art technology and User Interface. Potential users familiar with AutoCAD (80% are!) already know Advance Steel
basics and get up to speed much quicker than legacy software. This results in a substancially shorter learning curve with quicker return on investment.
|3. 1/3 purchase and maintenance cost
4. Easily models stairs, handrails and miscellaneous iron
5. "Quickconnect" option: One click creates entire model connections according to the ASD and/or LRFD and/or User Preferences.
6. User customizable (Interface, drawings, lists, objects, etc.)
7. Integrates well into the workflow with existing software: Core technologies in Advance are Autodesk and Microsoft compliant with many interfaces to the other industry leading detailing/fabrication/engineering packages. (CIS/2, SDNF, DSTV, etc.)
8. Can natively open existing 2D and 3D AutoCAD files and libraries
Call toll free 800-724-5678 for more info or a 1 on 1 personalized demo with a GRAITEC Engineer or Detailer and be your own judge.
|Does Advance take 6 months to learn? How long to implement company requirements and become productive?
Individuals and Companies have varying requirements and Advance Steel
has unrivaled flexibility to be quickly adapted to suit most needs (Mostly through user defined preferences). Advance
is a user friendly professional package that generally requires some training (3 to 5 days onsite or at GRAITEC
users benefit from unlimited post-training support and will have done a lot of their customization during and in the days following training. Users are typically up to speed after a few projects and become an order of magnitude more productive within a couple of months. (some in weeks!) For a clearer picture on what you can expect call GRAITEC
at 800-724-5678 to discuss your company work environment.
What is the next step to evaluate if Advance suits your requirements?
- Write down the elements you know would optimize your drawing to fabrication process. (Improve communication? Missing specific functionality? Ease of Use? etc.)
- Contact a GRAITEC consultant toll free at 800-724-5678 to discuss if Advance could help in your areas of concern.
- If deemed appropriate, you can schedule a 1 on 1 conference with an Advance Detailing, Engineering or Fabrication specialist to specifically target the elements on your list and answer all questions.