How are documents registered in the model?
Software:Autodesk Advance Steel
Question:How are documents registered in the model?
Advance Steel offers users the possibility to register documents in a model if they were deregistered for some reason. The commands for registration and deregistration are available on the "Numbering, drawings" toolbar.
The "Cancel documents from model" command is used to deactivate the connection between the documents and the model.
Start the command and the program will display a window from where you must select the documents and click "Open".
You can register or deregister the details, lists and NC files.
If you open the "Document manager" you can see that the deregistered documents cannot be viewed.
The documents were moved to the "DeRegistered" directory that was automatically created in the directory with the same name as the model.
There is a possibility that after the documents were generated, you forget to save the model and the connection between the documents and the model is lost.
The deregistered documents can be registered in two ways.
1. Use the "Register documents to model" command.
Start the command and the program will open a window where you must choose what to register. The selected documents are in the "DeRegistered" directory but this registration does not move them to the directory where the files were first created.
2. Move the documents from the "DeRegistered" directory to the directory where they were originally created. To register the details, the files must be moved from the "DeRegistered" directory to the "Details" directory. To register a list you have to move it to the "BOM" directory.
After registering the documents by either of the two methods, you can open the "Document manager" and you will see that and the documents can be viewed.
There are situations when you may receive the model and the generated documents. The documents were deregistered when they were sent individually. To restore the connection between the documents and the model, perform the following steps:
- In this directory create several subdirectories with the names: Details, BOM or DSTV. They correspond to the type of document: a detail, a list or a NC file.
- In the DSTV subdirectory, create another subdirectory with the name "NC".
- After creating these subdirectories copy the documents to the appropriate subdirectories.
- Open the "Document manager" and verify that you can view the documents.
- If one of them cannot be viewed, use the register command.
Note: After registration of the documents, the model must be saved.