How are new profiles added to the Purlin macro ?
Software:Autodesk Advance Steel
Question:How are new profiles added to the Purlin macro ?
1. Launch Management Tools and go to Table Editor.
2. Use the Open MDB command and open AstorRules.mdb, located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Graitec\AdvanceSteel\2011\Steel\Data
3. Open the JointsGUIAllowedSections table
4. To add a new profile to the macro, a new record must be added, with a consecutive value in the KEY column with respect to the key of the last record.
5. The columns for the new line needs to be filled with the following information:
- JointName :SEPurlin
- JointControl : Eaves or Purlin, depending to which of those two joint controls we add the new section
- AllowedSectionType :The value here mention how we add the section : as a whole shape class (O, U, I etc), or individually per section type (HEA nach DIN, UltraZed Section etc)
- • 0 corresponds to "Section Shape"
- • 1 corresponds to "Section Class"
- AllowedSection: Based on the value used in AllowedSectionType, here we fill with either the section shape or the section class.
- Open the ProfileShapeRunName table. The shape names usable in the "AllowedSection" column can be found on the "ProfSubType" column.
- Open the ProfileMasterTable table
- Find the profile in this table, and use the corresponding value from the TypeNameText column
6. Enter those values in the JointsGUIAllowedSections table and close it.