This page is dedicated to users installing the latest Graitec Advance software versions. It provides useful information about the installation process hardware and software requirements, and license activation steps.
For more information about the installation, please download in PDF format.
GRAITEC Advance is delivered on a single DVD allowing the installation of the full solution in one step.FAQs regarding the license activation which provide important information such as the license behavior when changing a computer.
Due to the wide variety of projects handled by Graitec users, it is difficult to advise a specific system requirement that fits for all cases. The minimum requirement described below allows the software to run under acceptable conditions for average size projects. This might not be enough for handling all projects in the best conditions. For any questions or any issue regarding system requirements, please contact GRAITEC.
Minimal system requirementsHardware
- PC with Intel 3rd generation Core i3 Processor (or AMD equivalent);
- 4 GB RAM. According to project size and complexity, additional RAM is highly recommended. Please contact GRAITEC for more details;
- Minimum 50 GB free HDD disk space on the hard disk;
- For Advance Design: Windows compatible graphics adapter (min. 512 MB video RAM), with the latest video driver (recommended by the manufacturer), with support for OpenGL and DirectX;
- 1200 x 900 display resolution with true color on a 19" display or higher;
- DVD Drive / Network adapter / keyboard / mouse / USB port;
- Internet connection or an alternate solution for activating the license (see the corresponding chapter in the Installation Guide);
- For network licenses: Microsoft Windows network license server configured according to the Installation Guide and Flexera requirements (see http://www.flexerasoftware.com);
- Installed operating system (see the Note below):
- - Windows 10 - 64-bit version
- - Windows 8 - 64-bit version
- - Windows 7 - 64-bit version
- - TCP/IP Protocol
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
GRAITEC Advance Power Pack for Revit can only be installed on Windows 7 and onwards.
GRAITEC Advance Workshop is available for both Windows 32 and 64-bit.
Notice regarding Microsoft Office running on 64-bit Operating Systems:
Some versions of Microsoft Office install a 32-bit version on 64-bit operating systems (including a 32-bit ODBC driver). If the 32-bit version of ODBC driver is installed GRAITEC Advance will use it, but will not run it optimally. To avoid downgrading the performance of GRAITEC Advance, we highly recommend installing and using 64-bit versions of Microsoft Access ODBC drivers included in Microsoft Office 2010 (64-bit version) or in Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable available as a free download on http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 or on AdvanceDVD.
Recommended system requirementsIn addition to the minimal configuration, here is the hardware and software recommended by GRAITEC.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate or Professional - 64-bit.
- 3rd generation Core i5 Processor (or AMD equivalent) or higher.
- 16 GB RAM - According to the project size and complexity, additional RAM might be required. Please contact GRAITEC for more details.
- 50 GB free space on HDD or more.
- 1680 x 1050 display resolution with true color on a 22" screen or higher.
- Windows and AutoCAD® compatible printer or plotter.
This configuration is subject to change and we invite you to review this information for each new software update or new operating system version.
GRAITEC is testing its software on freshly windows installed systems and cannot guarantee their correct behavior on any computer running any third party software (outdated drivers, specific AutoCAD plug-ins, silent processes running in the background, antivirus software or firewalls improperly configured, etc.), or hardware (specific processors, specific I/O devices, etc.). Users might experience slow access or no access at all, functionality loss in the case of an improperly configured network or other software or hardware misusage. GRAITEC could not be held responsible for any of the problems mentioned above, including but not limiting to the cases when the minimal configuration described would not allow the software to run correctly and users to handle their projects properly. In any case of software malfunction, we strongly recommend to contact your GRAITEC reseller.
Licenses can be transferred using the GRAITEC FlexNet Operation (FNO) server. GRAITEC is doing its best to assure a continuous availability of the license server. Only under severe conditions, the server might be out of order for a limited time. In this case, GRAITEC would do its best for getting it operational in the shortest time.
1. Close all active Windows applications before starting the installation.
2. ANTIVIRUS software must be deactivated during the installation process.
3. You must have local windows ADMINISTRATOR rights during the installation.
Note: If you are updating, read the "Migrating from a previous version chapter" in the Installation guide.
Installation steps:1. Insert the installation DVD into the DVD drive.
The setup program starts automatically and the DVD Browser appears. If the AutoPlay tool on the computer is switched off and thus the setup does not start automatically, use the Run command:
- From Windows menu, select: Start > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, click Browse to select the program Setup.exe on the DVD. Click OK.
2. Select the installation language and click Install products.
3. On the next screen, select the software to install and click Next.
4. Read the license agreement. Click I accept to agree to the specified terms and click Next to continue.
5. On the next screen, select the interface language and the installation path.
6. Click Install to start the installation.
The installation starts.
7. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Once GRAITEC Advance is installed, you must activate a license to use the software
Activating the software
The activation process allows users that purchased a license to use the acquired software according to the purchased license rights.
The process starts the first time you use GRAITEC Advance and it is based on a Serial Number and an Activation Code provided by your reseller or by GRAITEC. If you acquired GRAITEC Advance software and you do not have a Serial Number and an Activation Code please contact your reseller or GRAITEC.
NOTICE: Running GRAITEC software on a remote desktop user interface
By default, the license provided by GRAITEC does not allow running the software across a remote desktop user interface. To run your software on a Terminal Server or remote client, please contact the GRAITEC commercial department for more details.
Starting the activation processIf you have:
- A standalone license (not a server license)
- A Serial Number and an Activation Code
- An Internet connection
In all other cases, please read the Installation guide.
If you do not have an Internet connection, the offline procedure allows activating the license using e-mail exchange. Please read the Installation guide or the Activation page.
1. Start Advance and on the start screen select I want to activate my license. Click Next.
You can also select Programs > Graitec > Advance XXX > License Utility from the Windows Start menu.
2. Enter the serial number and the activation code. Click Next.
3. Your computer contacts the activation server at GRAITEC; the license rights are written in the database. The activation server receives the information and processes it. If the activation code and the serial number are registered, then the license rights, according to the license agreement, are transferred from GRAITEC to the customer. After clicking Finish in the last dialog box, Advance starts automatically.
Your software is activated. You can use it with or without an Internet connection.
Please read the FAQs regarding the license activation which provide important information such as the license behavior when changing a computer and the necessary steps to avoid losing your license.
For Graitec Advance Design, Graitec Advance CAD, Autodesk Advance Steel and Autodesk Advance Concrete versions 2014 and previous, see: