How is a wall with a brick shelf designed?
Software:Autodesk Advance Concrete
Question:How is a wall with a brick shelf designed?
To design a wall with a brick shelf use the "Edit the wall brick shelf" command on the Advance Model toolbar.
There are two ways for creating a brick shelf:
2. By creating the shelf profile
Create the slope profile and define the shelves
- Draw the slope profile using a polyline and specify the shelf dimensions.
- Draw a wall with the same length as the slope profile (for example, 5 m = 5 x 1 m).
- Copy the slope profile above the wall.
- Launch the "Edit the wall brick shelf" command, select the wall and press < Enter >.
- The program will ask for the selection of a polyline that defines the slope profile. Select the polyline.
- The following dialog box is displayed:
- Enter the values for the following parameters:
- Shelf Depth: applied to profile A= 0.2 m (it can be the total thickness of the wall or a part of thickness)
- Maximum step height: B = 0.6 m;
- Minimum point below ground: represents the wall height part that is below the ground C = 0.02 m.
- Offset ground profile: (DH) = 50 cm in this case.
- Create an elevation of the wall to see the new profile.
- You can also view the profile in 3D:
Create the shelf profile
- Launch the "Edit the wall brick shelf" command.
- Select the wall, press < Enter > and select the profile created with a polyline.
- Modify the shelf depth (A) in the properties dialog box, and also the offset ground profile "dh" which is 50 cm in this case. The step height is already set by the profile.
1. The brick shelf properties dialog box can also be accessed from the general properties of the wall.
2. The offset ground profile value will reset each time you open the brick shelf properties dialog box.