How is a bill of materials created?
Software:Autodesk Advance Concrete
Question:How is a bill of materials created?
Type:Creation of documents
A bill of materials contains data about the structural elements, the volumes and the quantities of materials (concrete, bricks and formwork).
- To create a BOM, use the "Generate a Bill of Material" command on the Advance Model toolbar.
- A BOM can be obtained for the entire structure, for a certain level or for certain types of structural elements.
- First, select the structural elements for which you want to create the BOM.
- Enable the level for which you want to obtain the BOM. For example, right click in the Pilot on the "Ground" level and select "Enable".
- Select the elements that will be contained in the BOM. Choose "Select elements by type" on the Advance Tools toolbar.
- In the displayed window, expand the "Model elements" list and select the desired type of structural elements. For example "Column":
- All the columns from the Ground level are selected.
- Launch the "Generate Bill of Material" command from the Advance Model toolbar. The program will display a dialog box where you can specify the path on the disk for saving the BOM document.
- You can also configure the price and the currency of materials.
- Click OK to close the dialog boxes. The program will generate a BOM document in the specified location.
- The first page displays the document contents.
- The second page contains the volume calculation for the structural elements.
- The third page displays details of the selected elements, the quantities of concrete in m3 and the formwork in m2.
- The last page contains the total price of the materials.