How is an arched plate created?
Software:Autodesk Advance Concrete
Question:How is an arched plate created?
This solution can be applied when drawing a ramp or a roof of different shapes, either straight or curved.
1. Define the shape of the surface in section view as an arch. You can define any of shape for any type of section, as long as you use the polyline tool.
2. Create the slab covering the necessary area, using the "Create a slab in the current level" command. You can also modify the roof properties (thickness, material, name, etc.).
3. Define the roof shape using the "Create a roof in the current level" command. Select the arch and click on two points to define its position on the plane.
4. To link the slab properties to the roof shape, use the "Bind elements to the roof or to the ramp" command.
5. Use the "Bind structure's elements to the roof or ramp" option, select the roof, then the slab and confirm the selection with < Enter >.
The final arch seen from the lateral view
The arch is correctly defined and ready to be fitted with the necessary reinforcement. All the properties are active; you can modify them in the slab's properties window.