How is the BIM transfer between Advance Design and Advance Steel done?
Software:Autodesk Advance Steel
Question:How is the BIM transfer between Advance Design and Advance Steel done?
For a correct data exchange between Advance Design and Advance Steel, starting from a model created in Advance Steel, several details must be taken into account:
1. If the Advance Steel model uses profiles which are not available in the Advance Design cross section libraries, before importing the gtc model in Advance Design, you must add the "Advance Steel Profiles" library in Advance Design. Launch the Edit > Cross sections... command to display the cross sections manager of Advance Design.
2. Advance Steel elements are defined by the "Structural member" property. When importing an Advance Steel model in Advance Design, all the elements with a disabled "Structural member" property will be ignored.
If an Advance Steel element is defined as a "Structural member", then this element will be imported in the Advance Design model through the BIM transfer.
Example: The model below is a steel structure created with Advance Steel that includes side-rails (horizontal beams), which must not be imported in Advance Design.
1. In Advance Steel, uncheck the "Structural member" option for the side-rail beams.
2. Export the Advance Steel model in gtc format.
3. Import the gtc file in Advance Design.