How does the BIM work between Advance Concrete and Advance Design ?
Question:How does the BIM work between Advance Concrete and Advance Design ?
Advance Concrete and Advance Design are two complementary programs that communicate via the BIM technology in order to correlate the Advance Concrete modeling with the Advance Design structural analysis.
For example, the model shown below is created in Advance Concrete then exported in gtc format.
1. Display the BIM toolbar.
2. Launch the Export command from this toolbar.
3. In the export dialog box, enter the name and the path of the new gtc file.
4. Next, import the gtc file in Advance Design, using the Advance Design, using the File > Import > Graitec BIM... command.
5. Using Advance Design tools, you can optimize the imported structure (adjust the structural elements, several finite elements analysis / reinforced concrete design iterations).
6. When finished, export the Advance Design model to the same gtc format, using the File > Export > Graitec BIM... command.
7. Return to the initial model in Advance Concrete. To compare it with the modifications done in Advance Design, launch the Synchronize command from the BIM toolbar.
8. In the Synchronization window, load the gtc file issued from Advance Design, which will then be compared with the initial model from Advance Concrete:
9. The Synchronization window displays the list of differences between the two models, allowing the user to choose which of the modifications should be accepted, retained, ignored or delayed for the Advance Concrete model.