How is the gauge line changed in Advance Steel?
Software:Autodesk Advance Steel
Question:How is the gauge line changed in Advance Steel?
Advance Steel has a standard gauge line for different profiles that can be modified by the user. Advance Steel automatically finds the gauge line in the database (Astorprofile.mdb) and creates it to the corresponding entry.
Step 1 Management Tools
- Start the Management Tools by selecting MANAGEMENT TOOL on the start menu of Advance Steel.
- Start the 'TABLE EDITOR' application.
- Select "Open database (ODBC)". You will see the next window :
- Open the AstorProfiles.
- Open the table of the profile to modify (e.g., "EXT_AISC_angle_unequal").
- Select the profile to modify (e.g., 5 x 3 x 5/16).
Change the gauge in the "w1" - "w2" - "w3" fields according to the following figure:
- Note that the entries must be in metric (e.g., 3 1/2" = 88.9 mm).
- This process must be repeated for each profile.
Step 2 Advance Steel Modeling
Insert the modified PROFILE and select “Exact” on the representation type tab. From now on, whenever you activate the exact representation in Advance Steel, it will use the new gauge line.