How to define drawing explode options ?
Software:Autodesk Advance Steel
Question:How to define drawing explode options ?
Before explode selected drawings you can set the explode options.
You can define profiles for drawing explode settings. This user configurations can be stored in order to be reused in future projects.
1. Select the detail drawing(s) and click on the "Add to explode" button. A new branch named "Batch explode" appears in the Document Manager tree and the selected detail drawings are copied there.
2. Click on the "Batch explode".
You can remove the detail drawings from this branch using the button .
3. Click on icon. The Detail explode dialog appears.
4. Enable details explode by clicking the corresponding check box. When you call explode on a detail element the whole detail and all related elements are exploded as it's currently.
If "Enable Detail Explode" is not checked, the objects from detail(s) are drawn with the detail colour and linetype of the object. If "Enable Detail Explode" is checked the current selected profile and Advance Steel settings will be used.
5. Click on the icon . In the "New profile" dialog box type the name of the profile and click OK.
An easier way to create new settings is to copy categories from an already created profile and modify them.
6. Select the category and click the copy icon . Select from the list the destination profile and click OK in order to confirm.
The category has been copied to the new profile.
You can copy the other categories and / or settings using drag and drop.
In the right side of the window define the explode settings: Object / SubObjectType ON or OFF, layer, colour, linetype. While exploding the detail(s) the explode settings will be used.
To set one profile as current: right-click on the profile and select "Set as current profile" from the context menu. While exploding the detail, for each object / sub-object a corresponding setting will be searched in the " Current Profile ". If there is no setting, the explode settings will be used from Advance Steel category.
To use the settings click the "Apply" button. In the Document Manager window click on the explode button . The details are exploded into another folder "...\DetailsExploded" so the drawing can be modified separately while the original detail is still linked to the project for eventual future modification.